MLB Sunday 4/28

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD -40
2-1 last

Wow! Two days posting in a row. And now time for a short rant.........

You need to stop tracking and talking about how hard a ball is hit. This is for you the fan, you the talking head talking just to hear your own voice, and you MLB. It doesn't matter in the least. I mean it is a ridiculously useless stat. The ball is a HR so who cares how hard it was hit? Velocity of the ball leaving the yard? Stupid. But folks are making this big deal out of it like it's the only thing that counts. And MLB is actually tracking the fastest/hardest hit ball of the day. I know the media has brainwashed you into thinking it is important. He didn't get a hit, but have you seen how hard he is hitting the ball???? They say breathlessly.

When I played it was insulting. Seriously an insult. If you ever said, "Hey man take heart you didn't get a hit, but you hit it really hard!" You would get punched. Every player knows the only thing that counts is getting the hit, moving the runner or even making the pitcher throw like 10 pitches in your at bat to help the team. Squeeze bunt in the winning run. Bloop a single. Get a seeing eye dribbler that earns an RBI. Even taking a walk. Those matter. Now think about it and tell me how important is the speed of the batted ball?

So why did MLB have their announcers start talking about how hard a ball is hit? Simple. When the entire league is batting .200 less MLB needs you to think about anything except the horrible product they are putting on the field. They have to distract you at all costs. Where do you think the OPS came from? Because it's a better stat to gauge how good a hitter is? Please. How hard a ball is hit is critical when no one is actually getting a fucking hit. But feel free to keep talking and debating about it just answer me one little question. What kind of a contract did any player ever get based on how hard they hit the ball?

All x50 each

Balt ML -170
Seattle ML -130

Oddly enough these totals are -110 with no bought runs as I only buy the hook off.

STL/Mets over 8
Minn/Ana over 8

Risky because neither the Mets nor Angels can hit for shit.

GL

Here’s the best Wire. 3 weeks ago I went to a Rays game in Tampa area, friend was visiting and wanted to take his son. We had very good seats behind home plate approx $125 per seat. We arrived 1 1/2 hrs early to watch BP, when we get there they told us it cost extra to watch BP. Are you fucking kidding me I said to the guy at the gate, I was pissed off, what a rock of shit! This team who doesn’t draw for shit wants to charge extra to watch BP, 🖕them. After the game I contacted a friend of my wife’s who is affiliated with the Phillies and asked him if they charge to watch BP, he said he’d never heard of that and felt it was pure greed.

Thanks B.A.R. I appreciate it. GL

Thanks Inzane. Always appreciated. GL

Thanks Tim. Nice to hear from you. GL

Thanks Cash. I have never heard of that either. I wonder if the gate guy was trying to get some quick cash. If they do charge for BP fuck em. GL

Come to think of it all teams charge to watch BP. It's called concessions because you got there early and are eating and drinking more. GL

Here’s the best Wire. 3 weeks ago I went to a Rays game in Tampa area, friend was visiting and wanted to take his son. We had very good seats behind home plate approx $125 per seat. We arrived 1 1/2 hrs early to watch BP, when we get there they told us it cost extra to watch BP. Are you fucking kidding me I said to the guy at the gate, I was pissed off, what a rock of shit! This team who doesn’t draw for shit wants to charge extra to watch BP, 🖕them. After the game I contacted a friend of my wife’s who is affiliated with the Phillies and asked him if they charge to watch BP, he said he’d never heard of that and felt it was pure greed.
Get a press pass. tell them you are a free-lance reporter...Youre there to do a story about batting practice and why does it cost extra!
LOL

Back