***2024 Recruiting Thread***

Michigan has won 3 in a row, but isn't Ohio St like 16-4 last 20?
Yeah and Michigan was 11-2-1 before that.

16-8-1 1976 till John Cooper was fired.

Glad to have John back in his reincarnated form, Ryan Day.

Actually, John was a better coach.

OSU did get back to their roots this year. Strong trenches and trying to run more.

They wanted to start being like this 2020s Michigan team ... which is funny because the 2018-2019 UM teams were trying to be like the previous handful of years OSU teams (more spacing, more throwing yada yada).

Next year will be a great one provided JJ comes back. If he doesn't, I think that's a tough battle. At least Sherrone has experience winning The Game.

So @gps_3 , what's the word on Bryce's visit last week?

I was surprised they weren't more active early on with him.

What kinda NIL numbers you think here?

LSU has brought out a significant offer, reportedly.

Michigan doesn't do pay for play. They make you come first, then pay (hence the 15-20 ranking -- but I'm not complaining). But, I wouldn't be surprised with something back channel if he did want to come.

The thing with Bryce , he's a 16-17 year old that thinks like a 30 year old. He has a vision for long term future. He's potentially generational.

Remember the old days at CTG/Blankets when we had some classic threads on big time recruits?

Pretty sure we had a giant Terrele Pryor thread.

There was a decent size one with that dude Mitch Mustain?

Feel like Horn had a huge one with another recruit as well in 06/07.

Those were the days. That's when I first got into this shit. Hunt gave me his password at GBW -- on Scout.com in February 2008 and 15 years later I spend way too much time reading those sites.

Multiple signing days and the portal have kinda ruined it.

NIL has made it interesting for better or worse

Remember the old days at CTG/Blankets when we had some classic threads on big time recruits?

Pretty sure we had a giant Terrele Pryor thread.

There was a decent size one with that dude Mitch Mustain?

Feel like Horn had a huge one with another recruit as well in 06/07.

Those were the days. That's when I first got into this shit. Hunt gave me his password at GBW -- on Scout.com in February 2008 and 15 years later I spend way too much time reading those sites.
I used to be into this way too much and feel really stupid for it.

Sounds like Miami is going to end up with Cam Ward out of the portal. Unless they are offering way more than anyone else he is committing career suicide committing to Mario.

So @gps_3 , what's the word on Bryce's visit last week?

I was surprised they weren't more active early on with him.

What kinda NIL numbers you think here?

LSU has brought out a significant offer, reportedly.

Michigan doesn't do pay for play. They make you come first, then pay (hence the 15-20 ranking -- but I'm not complaining). But, I wouldn't be surprised with something back channel if he did want to come.

The thing with Bryce , he's a 16-17 year old that thinks like a 30 year old. He has a vision for long term future. He's potentially generational.
I haven't read much, but I think it went well. We're trending pretty strong for George MacIntyre, but I think we'd take Underwood over him if the opportunity arises. I think general consensus is that he's going to LSU, but not sure if the OC leaving changes anything

Alabama does NIL similar to Michigan. From what I understand, everyone on the team gets a set amount based on either position, seniority, or some combination. But the goal is to not sow discord in the locker room because of that. And there's no guaranteed or upfront money for recruits, at least not through the collective. Obviously every player is free (somewhat) to get as many endorsements or sell autographs as they can. Our collective doesn't have as much $ as a lot of programs out there, and we don't really have any mega-boosters that can drop millions on the program on a yearly basis. I think our biggest selling point is obviously Saban and the number of players that he gets into the NFL. If the NIL stuff isn't regulated by the time Saban leaves, I could definitely see us taking a step back in recruiting, depending on who the next coach is

I haven't read much, but I think it went well. We're trending pretty strong for George MacIntyre, but I think we'd take Underwood over him if the opportunity arises. I think general consensus is that he's going to LSU, but not sure if the OC leaving changes anything

Alabama does NIL similar to Michigan. From what I understand, everyone on the team gets a set amount based on either position, seniority, or some combination. But the goal is to not sow discord in the locker room because of that. And there's no guaranteed or upfront money for recruits, at least not through the collective. Obviously every player is free (somewhat) to get as many endorsements or sell autographs as they can. Our collective doesn't have as much $ as a lot of programs out there, and we don't really have any mega-boosters that can drop millions on the program on a yearly basis. I think our biggest selling point is obviously Saban and the number of players that he gets into the NFL. If the NIL stuff isn't regulated by the time Saban leaves, I could definitely see us taking a step back in recruiting, depending on who the next coach is
Bama been buying players since before NIL brother.

So did Ohio St not get a portal qb? I thought they were going to end up with Ward.
So many rumors that I honestly thought Ward went somewhere else.

Last I heard is had eliminated OSU? Who knows.

The other thing many OSU guys around here said was they were waiting for playoffs to be done and Manning was coming.

They'll have a highly touted guy, just curious who?

Now, McCord will be average to solid with Syracuse but I think they'll regret running him off in the short term.

So many rumors that I honestly thought Ward went somewhere else.

Last I heard is had eliminated OSU? Who knows.

The other thing many OSU guys around here said was they were waiting for playoffs to be done and Manning was coming.

They'll have a highly touted guy, just curious who?

Now, McCord will be average to solid with Syracuse but I think they'll regret running him off in the short term.
How good is McCord really if he ended up at Syracuse.

George is solid, but Bryce is the prize for that class. If you get the pick, it's Bryce 11/10 times.

Speaking of Detroit area QBs... told Tea but Kansas getting a good one in Marshall. He and his team outdueled Bryce in Division 1 championship at Ford Field Turkey weekend. Fantastic game to watch.

George is solid, but Bryce is the prize for that class. If you get the pick, it's Bryce 11/10 times.

Speaking of Detroit area QBs... told Tea but Kansas getting a good one in Marshall. He and his team outdueled Bryce in Division 1 championship at Ford Field Turkey weekend. Fantastic game to watch.
Most definitely. I think we’re on the outside looking in for sure

Sure. The question was about NIL packages, and what I wrote is how Alabama currently handles it
I'll expand later, but that's most definitely the way to handle imo.

We've seen the "success" of TAMU and Miami (best examples).

No thanks.

Recruit the right kids and coach them up.

How good is McCord really if he ended up at Syracuse.
Borderline or was a 5 star.

Very solid season last year.

OSU judged on one game by their fans. He threw 2 picks, and the last one was a lazy rout by the #1 receiver in America + some pressure.

I think he's a solid QB that can grow.

At Cuse, eh. Not great. We'll see.

I'll expand later, but that's most definitely the way to handle imo.

We've seen the "success" of TAMU and Miami (best examples).

No thanks.

Recruit the right kids and coach them up.
Miami and Texas A&M have failed due to inept coaching not because of who they've paid.

Borderline or was a 5 star.

Very solid season last year.

OSU judged on one game by their fans. He threw 2 picks, and the last one was a lazy rout by the #1 receiver in America + some pressure.

I think he's a solid QB that can grow.

At Cuse, eh. Not great. We'll see.
If he was really good he would have ended up somewhere better than Syracuse. I had no clue he was that highly thought of coming out of high school but I was completely unimpressed.

If he was really good he would have ended up somewhere better than Syracuse. I had no clue he was that highly thought of coming out of high school but I was completely unimpressed.
Yeah, highly ranked.

Now, many guys that are 4/5 stars are nothing.

OSU covered him hard, and never gave JJ a chance. That bit them in the butt as JJ has been the difference the last two years and made 2-3 huge plays in 2021.

Can’t find the portal thread but Ole Miss is probably pulling Heard from LSU. Man they are stacking 5 stars. This kid played a lot for LsU

Nice finish for the Tigers. Not sure how that NIL number is calculated but I already know LsU spends less than the others.
2025 should be gunning for number 1 class

Back