GENERAL FORUM RULES:
- No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
- Attack the message, not the messenger. Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated.
No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member.
- Personal attacks are defined as Personal, Racial, Ethnic, and/or Gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments.
- All complaints need to be communicated privately using either PM, "Report this Post" feature and/or EMail.
In the event of this, the offending post will be edited or removed, and the offending party may or may not be warned before being banned, under discretion from the CTG Moderators and Partners.
- If the behavior continues, the member will be banned for a week, and upon a repeat incident, banned permanently from CTG's forum.
This will apply to all other community members as well.
- All we want is a little community kindness and no attacks. Let's all work together to accomplish this, eh?
- No hardcore pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material. Simple rule: Administrator's judgment applies here. Sexually (hardcore) suggestive images will be heavily scrutinized. We'd like for our readers to be able to visit the site at work and share with friends without fear of retribution.
- Post in the right forum! If it's a question for the NFL fanheads, post it in the “NFL” forum. Even if it's only humor, an observation, or angst, if it's about something that we have a forum for, post it there. Resist the temptation to post something off-topic because you think you'll get "better responses" in a particular forum.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.
- Each CappingTheGame member may have only one account.
- Do not place foul language in thread subjects.
- Blatant advertising of competing products is not tolerated and is a bannable offense.
- And of course, NO SPAMMING. No commercial-oriented posts, and no flooding with useless content.
- Use descriptive subject lines and research your post. This reduces the chances of double-posting, and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Also, scan the subjects of the last several days' posts to make sure you aren't duplicating posts. Also, consider what forum your topic should be posted in.
- Restrict the use of excessive foul language. Reasonable swearing will be tolerated on this board, but if excessive, actions may be taken to prevent such or penalize the offender.
CTG has come up with some general signature guidelines as well, and these will be enforced:
- Signatures will be no longer than 5 lines.
- Signatures may NOT contain a link to your personal site, or third party webpage.
- Signatures are expected to follow the same guidelines as posts, which means no flaming, no swearing, no personal attacks, and no adult material.
If you are seen violating these guidelines you will be asked once privately to change your signature. If you fail to comply, we may change it for you. These guidelines should be easy to understand and easy to follow.
POLITICS THREAD "1 STRIKE POLITICS POLICY":
By posting in the Politics thread in General Discussion, you agree to CTG's 1 Strike Politics Policy. This means, there will be zero tolerance of personal bashing, attacks, threats or otherwise harmful posts towards any members or group. You agree that all content in this thread is subject to interpretation by CTG Moderators and Partners, and will be not be discussed prior or during action being taken. In other words, THERE ARE NO WARNINGS WHEN POSTING IN THIS THREAD. Not abiding by these rules can and may result in a permanent ban from Capping the Game, so please think before you post.