Bet at 5dimes Bet at 5dimes

Thread: Eldriick with another back surgery

Default Eldriick with another back surgery

Looks like 2017 is done. After watching Jack on Golf Channel you have to wonder how the history of Tiger will be portrayed decades from now.

On the links, a badass whose body failed him. Off the links, a man who made poor decisions when it came to women but did many great things with charity.

6 months or so...

I am already capping the Hero World Challenge for when the Big Cat is roaming those fairways again!

Obviously Jack will go down as the greatest golfer of all time. But I still think most would agree that if you had to have one player, playing his best golf, for one tournament, it would be Tiger. I also think he was far more dominant during his run than Jack was.

I just hope we get that 1986 Masters moment with Tiger at some point. It seems unlikely but if it happens, it will be special.
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person. Your behavior does.

I also have a feeling, cheating on your wife won't be that big of a deal in twenty years
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person. Your behavior does.

Quote Originally Posted by vk View Post
    Obviously Jack will go down as the greatest golfer of all time. But I still think most would agree that if you had to have one player, playing his best golf, for one tournament, it would be Tiger. I also think he was far more dominant during his run than Jack was.

I just hope we get that 1986 Masters moment with Tiger at some point. It seems unlikely but if it happens, it will be special.
    I tend to agree HOWEVER, I would like to see players these days use the equipment Jack did back then for 1 tournament, same set up of golf course back then as well.
    It be be fun to watch that for 1 weekend

CTG Super Moderator guaranteeed's Avatar

As long as the equipment isn'the same for all competition I don't see it mattering?

CTG Super Moderator guaranteeed's Avatar

Either way, I hope he stops trying to comeback until fully healthy

Take this full year off, come back next year and make a master's run

Not just that but the level of competition is not only a ton better now but entirely more numerous (and a lot of that can be directly attributed to Tiger along with simply a natural increase in population). Who knows how dominant any of the older guys would have been today if you could somehow compare them because golf is just a ton more popular and available today to the masses today than it was back then.

I will be very upset if I never get to see Tiger win 1 more Major.
    Just 1 is all I ask for and The Masters would be my Major of choice to see him win one more.

Quote Originally Posted by vk View Post
    I also have a feeling, cheating on your wife won't be that big of a deal in twenty years
    Sad but true. Read a great article few weeks ago that summed it up. Arnie was doing same sorta stuff away from his wife but this was well before social media and he had a 'trust'/'friendship' with the media back then that kept things quiet.

I don't think anyone was so dense to think Tiger and Elin didn't have an understanding regarding their relationship, pretty much heard it was the stripper text that set her off. Nothing good can come from access to texts by a significant other even if there's nothing to hide. Once you throw the trust out the window, what else is left?

I really do wonder if Tiger even enjoys golf all that much anymore though, if it's only half-assed then his rehab will be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.R. View Post
    Sad but true. Read a great article few weeks ago that summed it up. Arnie was doing same sorta stuff away from his wife but this was well before social media and he had a 'trust'/'friendship' with the media back then that kept things quiet.
    Media gave Tiger a lot of space as well, still does really. Heck, we find out about major surgery from his website? Like KJ said he got burned by his women directly.

For some reason, in a decades time he will be held in a lower light then the insider trading degenerate gambler
    "My major hobby is teasing people who take themselves & the quality of their knowledge too seriously & those who doníthave the courage to sometimes say:I donít know...." - Nassim Taleb

Thread Information