Bet at 5dimes Bet at 5dimes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the highest odds of a bet you made & won?

Default What are the highest odds of a bet you made & won?

Just figured I would start a fun general discussion thread, there arent enough of these anymore.

What is the highest payout you ever won ( in terms of the odds not just the most money you bet)

It could be a 9 team parlay, a future, or heck maybe, like me, it was simply a single game longshot; mine was $20 bet on Pitt moneyline at Clemson last year. Anyone got a good one

Thanks, CCC...

Nibbled at trump on election nt. Highest i got was +575. Back in 2007 i had stanford ml against USC when they were 17 point dogs. Think they were close to +375. Back when betjamaica was still around i hit a 9 teamer that paid out a over a grand off a $5 bet. Best run i ever had was on matchbook same year in 2007. Ran a $300 deposit to over 21.5 k in 2 months. Too bad I was 20 years old and didnt know a thing about money management(still dont) I cashed out 3k, 3 separate times and pissed away the rest. Good thread.

Never bet parlays, but my biggest long shot win where I bet and won big was a ml play on Utah over Bama in a bowl. I think they were catching 15 and the ml was 750ish.

Lol, Trump was your longest shot?

I had Northern Iowa ML against Kansas that year, was a Vegas bet...think the biggest I ever hit was a +2500 give/take golf wager.

FYI anyone who has ever hit a number on a roulette table, that's +3500, so I'm sure there's a lot of that...horses are a different animal when it comes to odds as well, I'm sure you could get some big numbers from horse bettors. I know I've at least hit a couple at +40000, so the real horse guys can crush that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post:

YoungGun11 (04-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Degenerate View Post
    Nibbled at trump on election nt. Highest i got was +575. Back in 2007 i had stanford ml against USC when they were 17 point dogs. Think they were close to +375. Back when betjamaica was still around i hit a 9 teamer that paid out a over a grand off a $5 bet. Best run i ever had was on matchbook same year in 2007. Ran a $300 deposit to over 21.5 k in 2 months. Too bad I was 20 years old and didnt know a thing about money management(still dont) I cashed out 3k, 3 separate times and pissed away the rest. Good thread.
    a 17 pt dog and the ml was 3.5/1?

That spread was 41

Maybe it was 2008. I know they werent +41. I do remember that game tho. Stanford won by 1

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.R. View Post
    That spread was 41
    If I am not mistaken that is the largest spread in college football history where the underdog won. Nicholls St ALMOST topped that this yr

Quote Originally Posted by D-Woww View Post
    If I am not mistaken that is the largest spread in college football history where the underdog won. Nicholls St ALMOST topped that this yr
    It is the biggest.

I have a lot in different forms of gambling . tournament wins in poker, longshots in horses, sequential royals in vp, etc. etc.

For regular football or sports like nba, cbb or whatever, there aren't really that many for me. I usually am heavily invested in the ATS and only sprinkle on a moneyline.

Some good ones I did have were

WKU 67 Marshall 66 in 2014 which was Marshall's only loss that year and pretty sure i recommended a moneyline on it here but maybe not.

Ga state over Ga southern 34-7 as a humongous ml dog which basically made my season in 2015. I know I recommended that one.

2008 Eastern Michigan over Bowling Green as roughly a three td dog as I recall. But alas, I also had them in a ml parlay with Iowa that day too as a decent dog against MSU .... had potential for a huge payout but despite outgaining and outfirstdowning msu they came up a fg short late in the game with chances.

I am sure there are others ..... there are also the other ends of that spectrum with favorites that lost. The one that I remember the most was a Denver ML play against the ravens when the safety blew the coverage for the broncos to allow overtime where they lost. Amazing.
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person. Your behavior does.

As KJ said, roulette payouts...had a few nice ones before in LV...2 years tomorrow ago I hit at 4am on 4 and 21 on consecutive rolls(yes, that was the date and it had meaning) in Detroit...

Sergio two weeks ago at 35:1 and 40:1 prolly my biggest I can remember lately...

Back in like early 2000's we'd put down 6 bucks a night on 8 cbb teams and it paid out 900 bucks...hit that a few times...and would blow it a few days later at whatever obscure offshore we were using...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.R. For This Useful Post:

vk (04-20-2017)

U had sergio? Nice!

Banged Cincy at like +700 to win the Big East the year they went undefeated. Had Ga Tech the same year at a similar price to win the ACC, which they also did. Hopped on the Brewers to win the National League at +2000 the second I heard they traded for Greinke. Hedged off quite a bit for a good payday when the series was 1-0 brews and then more at 2-2 though.
    The word 'racism' is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything - and demanding evidence makes you a racist. -Thomas Sowell

U had sergio? Nice!
    Even the sun shines on a dogs ass...

Nothing huge but it was rewarding...planned it out for about 2 months...

Have a feeling current Juventus at +1000 is gonna pay but will plan accordingly after tomorrow

CTG Super Moderator guaranteeed's Avatar

Even the sun shines on a dogs ass...

Nothing huge but it was rewarding...planned it out for about 2 months...
    Sergiooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by jk16 View Post
    Thanks, CCC...
    POTY

hahaha
    I be the first to set off shit, last to run

Holy shit on the 20 yr old story

damn that would kill me to this day hahahaa

I know a kid on that team....scrappy bunch of bayou boys there boy!

I think Slap had a huge posted tennis dog a few years back.....Raonic, maybe? It was a sick call, not sure the odds

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie13 View Post
    I think Slap had a huge posted tennis dog a few years back.....Raonic, maybe? It was a sick call, not sure the odds

I vaguely remember that. I would look it up but cannot remember which username he had at that time...

500/1 golf outright (Daniel Popovic). Fluke win
    "My major hobby is teasing people who take themselves & the quality of their knowledge too seriously & those who doníthave the courage to sometimes say:I donít know...." - Nassim Taleb

Mike Conway at Long Beach at 35/1, hit two #13's in 10 spins at roulette, Willett at 50 or 55/1 at the Masters and Rossi in the month of May at 100/1 are the ones I'm remembering. None were heavy but all were still nice.

Seasoned Veteran Jayhawk Nation's Avatar

I always sprinkle some ML on big dogs in NCAA tourney. Have hit a few, but not all, of the 15-2 upsets. Biggest odds I remember on one that I actually won was Norfolk over MU 5 years ago. Was 4250

I had $100 at 50-1 on Stan Wawrinka at the Aussie Open a few years back.

I vaguely remember that. I would look it up but cannot remember which username he had at that time...
    Wawrinka - same year

He might have been who put me on to it tbh

Collaborating w/ Tip YoungGun11's Avatar

Not sure how to calculate the + on the horse wagers as I am complete failure when it comes to math. However my biggest scores came on exotic wagers with the horses.

$252 pick 5, returned $22,875 at Saratoga
    $60 pick 4, returned $16,800 at Canterbury Park.

If someone could calculate out the + on these, I would greatly appreciate it.

Season Ticket Holder biff_chipmon's Avatar

I had Keegan Bradley to win the 2011 PGA Championship at 140-1. That was fun.

Name:  IMG_5677.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  118.6 KB

the excitement of the final days before the announcement was nuts. Someone on twitter was doing his own polling of the voters he could find on twitter. Good times. Bud closed at 40:1 I believe right before the start of the season. No idea how you can open it at 250:1. My initial intention was to bet the Hawks to win their division but somehow I figured if that happens Bud would be a good candidate because he came in and took over more than just the coaching duties after the tumultuous summer of 2014 in Atlanta
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

33. The Following User Says Thank You to nbafan88 For This Useful Post:

YoungGun11 (04-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Tongue View Post
    500/1 golf outright (Daniel Popovic). Fluke win

YES!!

I knew you'd post up a name from the 3rd World Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun11 View Post
    Not sure how to calculate the + on the horse wagers as I am complete failure when it comes to math. However my biggest scores came on exotic wagers with the horses.

Roughly +8977 and +27900, respectively ..... but did it in my head so could be way off.
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person. Your behavior does.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to vk For This Useful Post:

YoungGun11 (04-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by P-Unit View Post
    Wawrinka - same year

yep

he was

i thought it was higher than that maybe

or maybe he took a deep stab at it

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun11 View Post

gonna
    get right on this

Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    Name:  IMG_5677.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  118.6 KB

the excitement of the final days before the announcement was nuts. Someone on twitter was doing his own polling of the voters he could find on twitter. Good times. Bud closed at 40:1 I believe right before the start of the season. No idea how you can open it at 250:1. My initial intention was to bet the Hawks to win their division but somehow I figured if that happens Bud would be a good candidate because he came in and took over more than just the coaching duties after the tumultuous summer of 2014 in Atlanta
    nice

nice hit nba

Quote Originally Posted by P-Unit View Post
    Wawrinka - same year

yup it was Wawa, I had the same....2013 or 14 nhl playoffs Sharks down by 2 after 2P were +2500 on the 3 way and they cashed in regulation....in the same playoffs (I believe) the Caps did the same exact thing at +2000
    Fideli Certa Merces

Biggest close call I had was 2013 Wimbledon when I had lisickI +6000, made it to finals and lost as a huge fave to fartoli (ty bc for that name) still mad about that one..although she made me money that tourney during the streak

I have some crazy roulette/black jack stories that I'll share when not on phone

Collaborating w/ Tip YoungGun11's Avatar

Name:  image1.PNG.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  62.0 KB

Speaking of nice hits, not a bad little Friday here at Keeneland.

I know I have preached about this over and over, but you guys must get into horse racing. Everyone loves to analyze on here, why not look at horses where you can truly bet a little and win a lot. At the least, I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to take a look at the horse racing threads on here, and feel free to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by vk View Post
    I have a lot in different forms of gambling . tournament wins in poker, longshots in horses, sequential royals in vp, etc. etc.

For regular football or sports like nba, cbb or whatever, there aren't really that many for me. I usually am heavily invested in the ATS and only sprinkle on a moneyline.

Some good ones I did have were

WKU 67 Marshall 66 in 2014 which was Marshall's only loss that year and pretty sure i recommended a moneyline on it here but maybe not.

Ga state over Ga southern 34-7 as a humongous ml dog which basically made my season in 2015. I know I recommended that one.

2008 Eastern Michigan over Bowling Green as roughly a three td dog as I recall. But alas, I also had them in a ml parlay with Iowa that day too as a decent dog against MSU .... had potential for a huge payout but despite outgaining and outfirstdowning msu they came up a fg short late in the game with chances.

I am sure there are others ..... there are also the other ends of that spectrum with favorites that lost. The one that I remember the most was a Denver ML play against the ravens when the safety blew the coverage for the broncos to allow overtime where they lost. Amazing.
    VK, I remember tailing you on that Georgia State play and I also parlayed it with Texas ML over Baylor ( Texas was 22 point underdog just like Ga State was )
    Two ML and wagered $15 and won just short of $2400
    Had another one this year of Houston ML over Louisville and Kansas ML over Texas and was $15 for $2100
    Thanks again for that play VK, made my 2015 too and my wife's kids were in that weekend and were impressed ( like that was a common event around here lol )

About 14,000-1 horse racing, pk4 Breeders Cup

Thread Information