Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 281 to 320 of 416

Thread: 5Dimes Discussion

  1. #281
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scarf31 View Post
    Now that you've gone through the process, NBA...would you use that method again?
    I don't think I'll ever use any other method, as long as Bitcoin is around. Once you get the process down, it is by far the best method IMO.

  2. #282
    CTG Moderator GatorsLeafsBills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boynton Beach or Cigar Bar
    Posts
    54,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    I don't think I'll ever use any other method, as long as Bitcoin is around. Once you get the process down, it is by far the best method IMO.
    Ive read that coinbase will ban you eventually. Be careful.

  3. #283
    2015 CTG MLB Contest Champion mogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sixburgh, PA
    Posts
    27,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~1987 View Post
    Without knowing the intricacies of it all, I think using a Chase option should be fine, despite Dimon being clearly against it as of now. Though it is undoubted that if a big bank like JP Morgan goes against it, Washington will side with a big bank.

    To get more into specifics on how the US government can bring an end to Bitcoin, it's pretty simple. The day they make it illegal, the market instantly plummets and your Bitcoins suddenly become worth far less than what they were worth yesterday. Second, American businesses will no longer accept bitcoin, now you run into the problem of lack of convertibility. Third, almost assuredly, at the very least Europe would follow suit into making it illegal. The result would be that Bitcoin would be like a failed central bank. Bitcoin would suffer hyper inflation. Because Bitcoin isn't real there are just a ton of problems that have the potential to happen in the near future. That's why some people call the whole thing a Ponzi scheme. It's interesting to me.
    Bump this thread and call me fool if this ever happens

  4. #284
    2015 CTG MLB Contest Champion mogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sixburgh, PA
    Posts
    27,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GatorsLeafsBills View Post
    Ive read that coinbase will ban you eventually. Be careful.
    Even when you've done 5dimes to blockchain and then blockchain to coinbase? Doesn't coinbase just see the btc coming from blockchain?

  5. #285
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    How do you get a new address? And on which one should you get a new address?

    I withdrew using Bitcoin from bookmaker today and all is going well. Transferred from bookmaker to BC took 10 hours.


    the Bitcoin price has gone up $40 in the last week? Crazy

  6. #286
    Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium GWarner27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hook 'em Horns
    Posts
    10,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudleysdad View Post
    Since no one ever replies to this question. I will ask u hunt
    have u ever tried a money order withdrawal from 5dimes?
    i have at a western union with everyone sending money back home in other countries and me picking up, lol

  7. #287
    Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium GWarner27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hook 'em Horns
    Posts
    10,291

    Default

    to update a past dilemma, the VIP check option went smoothly. Got a pretty sizable withdrawal within a week or two (i think a week but with all the cancelled checks I can't pinpoint exactly when I officially requested it), it just came from an attorney's office aka out of escrow. I'm a little nervous that sort of thing will be picked up and I will receive some sort of 1099 or K-1 from the attorney's office, but we'll see in January....

    i signed up for a blockchain account, now i need to do a circle account or coinbase? Thought there was no cost for BTC so even though it's the same month of my withdrawal via VIP check if it's free I'm gonna take a stab at it.

    Scarf-- can you explain what you mean with the constant shifting of your account for security reasons? My best friend buys BTC every month and I don't think he does any of this

  8. #288
    . YoungGun11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,527

    Default

    Requested a DFCA cashout on Monday, and was supposed to receive an email......No email.

    I highly doubt I will be loading anymore into 5dimes, customer service has gone down, and too many question marks. They really fucked up, by adding in Amazon and getting FBI involved.

  9. #289
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungGun11 View Post
    Requested a DFCA cashout on Monday, and was supposed to receive an email......No email.

    I highly doubt I will be loading anymore into 5dimes, customer service has gone down, and too many question marks. They really fucked up, by adding in Amazon and getting FBI involved.

    I have had absolutely 0 issues w/ 5dimes. By far the best online book, still.

    How did you request the payout? Is it your first time? 5dimes is supposed to send you an email with the information needed for the DCFA.

    Their customer service may seem annoying, but it's only because they are trying to protect us and themselves... its just the nature of what we are doing, unfortunately.

  10. #290
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GWarner27 View Post
    to update a past dilemma, the VIP check option went smoothly. Got a pretty sizable withdrawal within a week or two (i think a week but with all the cancelled checks I can't pinpoint exactly when I officially requested it), it just came from an attorney's office aka out of escrow. I'm a little nervous that sort of thing will be picked up and I will receive some sort of 1099 or K-1 from the attorney's office, but we'll see in January....

    i signed up for a blockchain account, now i need to do a circle account or coinbase? Thought there was no cost for BTC so even though it's the same month of my withdrawal via VIP check if it's free I'm gonna take a stab at it.

    Scarf-- can you explain what you mean with the constant shifting of your account for security reasons? My best friend buys BTC every month and I don't think he does any of this

    my second bitcoin withdrawal ended up costing me $36

    not sure if the cost is a straight % but i really could not care less. I received the funds in 48 hours from the time i submitted my withdrawal request to bookmaker. It is absolutely awesome.

  11. #291
    Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium GWarner27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hook 'em Horns
    Posts
    10,291

    Default

    $36 because of transfer fees paid to 5d or because of the cost to buy/sell/send to your bank account?

  12. #292
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GWarner27 View Post
    $36 because of transfer fees paid to 5d or because of the cost to buy/sell/send to your bank account?
    cost to send to bank account.... bookmaker and 5d dont take anything on bitcoin withdrawals... sportsbook.ag takes 5%

  13. #293
    CTG Partner B.A.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Meeechigan
    Posts
    129,855

    Default

    I read through this a bit last night and decided to let it go for a bit, but as you guys said, it needs to be deleted for obvious reasons. You all know how to contact each other in private and whatnot so we hope you respect the decision.
    passive aggressive mean guy

  14. #294
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Another Bitcoin withdrawal successfully completed. Put the request into 5d Monday morning. Funds are in my bank account this morning.

  15. #295
    2015 CTG MLB Contest Champion mogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sixburgh, PA
    Posts
    27,949

    Default

    Well looks like btc will be heavily considered for next withdrawal.

    Requested a check for under $2k on 4/24 and still waiting....

  16. #296
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    A big big thanks to scarf for explaining everything there needs to be known about the BTC withdrawal process. I was really hesitant at first but I'm so mad at myself for not using this earlier.

  17. #297
    CTG Super Moderator scarf31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    50 Feet from ESPN
    Posts
    3,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    A big big thanks to scarf for explaining everything there needs to be known about the BTC withdrawal process. I was really hesitant at first but I'm so mad at myself for not using this earlier.
    No thanks necessary, NBA. Glad to help, my fellow CTG 'mates.

  18. #298
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    i submitted another Bitcoin withdrawal request Sunday night. Still haven't received the email yet. This was double the amount of my other withdrawals so I feel like they're holding off as long as possible.... Maybe waiting for me to get reckless and get my balance below my withdrawal amount.....

  19. #299
    2015 CTG MLB Contest Champion mogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sixburgh, PA
    Posts
    27,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogo View Post
    Well looks like btc will be heavily considered for next withdrawal.

    Requested a check for under $2k on 4/24 and still waiting....
    Received this on Friday

  20. #300
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Completed first two steps. Just waiting 2 days. Cashed out max possible this time.


    the maximum daily sell limit in coinbase is 3k FYI
    Last edited by nbafan88; 05-17-2016 at 02:25 PM.

  21. #301
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    spoke to 5dimes live help today.... after receiving an email to contact them regarding my pending bitcoin withdrawal...

    the operations manager was very open with me regarding the current landscape for banks.... and mentioned the release of the Panama Papers being a key aspect of why banks are becoming so strict

    i am no longer going to be using btc because 5d wants customers to deposit via btc... not just withdraw...... even though that's different that what their site rules say... i understand

    any questions.. you can PM me

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to nbafan88 For This Useful Post:

    Grind_4_Mine (06-03-2016)

  23. #302
    CTG Super Moderator scarf31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    50 Feet from ESPN
    Posts
    3,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    Completed first two steps. Just waiting 2 days. Cashed out max possible this time.


    the maximum daily sell limit in coinbase is 3k FYI
    NBA...the maximum daily sell limit (and buy limit) in Coinbase is dependent upon your account status. While the sell limit may be 3k for you, it is higher/lower for others, FYI.

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    spoke to 5dimes live help today.... after receiving an email to contact them regarding my pending bitcoin withdrawal...

    the operations manager was very open with me regarding the current landscape for banks.... and mentioned the release of the Panama Papers being a key aspect of why banks are becoming so strict

    i am no longer going to be using btc because 5d wants customers to deposit via btc... not just withdraw...... even though that's different that what their site rules say... i understand

    any questions.. you can PM me
    I respect your opinion and your desire not to use BTC, but as you've confirmed before (and I have as well), the withdraw method is very simple...I can confirm from experience that the deposit method is just as simple. But people need to do what makes them comfortable...that's what's most important.

    But I think it is important to note that the books want BTC customers to BOTH deposit and w/d via that method. It saves them time, is anonymous, leaves nobody to ask them questions and there are no fees for them or you (at least the books I've used). So if people do get involved with BTC, they should know that.

    Much appreciated for sharing your story because I think it is important to know for a lot of people what to do, how the process works, pluses and minuses, etc. I know I have gotten at least 5 PM's with people asking me questions and the more information we all have the better it is for everyone.


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to scarf31 For This Useful Post:

    Grind_4_Mine (06-03-2016)

  25. #303
    Season Ticket Holder lkk66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    331

    Default

    anyone else having issues with 5dimes bitcoin withdrawals? i requested one on monday and it is still under review.

  26. #304
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkk66 View Post
    anyone else having issues with 5dimes bitcoin withdrawals? i requested one on monday and it is still under review.

    Did you get an email to verify your information?

  27. #305
    2017 March SMODOD of the Month dudleysdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,699

    Default

    I am looking to withdraw and don't even know what to do... Fucking sucks
    i always ask u guys but no one replies, the money order option?? Ever try?

  28. #306
    Gobble Gobble KJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Phx
    Posts
    72,622

    Default

    I'd watch the market closely as I read that Bitcoin (before the EU deal yesterday) had been devalued by 25% over the last week and honestly don't know how that affects this whole deal.

  29. #307
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudleysdad View Post
    I am looking to withdraw and don't even know what to do... Fucking sucks
    i always ask u guys but no one replies, the money order option?? Ever try?

    stop winning so much!


    just kidding


    Have you tried the regular check route? That's probably going to be my next method.... i have been transferring funds to my twitter friends.... that is by far the best option

  30. #308
    2017 March SMODOD of the Month dudleysdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    stop winning so much!


    just kidding


    Have you tried the regular check route? That's probably going to be my next method.... i have been transferring funds to my twitter friends.... that is by far the best option
    Its not much lol. Just wanna pull a little out.
    no I am not doing the check route, don't want the hassle from my bank. Now a guy I know said he got checks in the past from 5d and was able to cash them on the spot at Walmart. I have a hard time believing that.
    Get me on that transfer list man lol

  31. #309
    Season Ticket Holder lkk66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    Did you get an email to verify your information?
    i chat with them on live help every day asking them to send the verification email and they say it will be soon and they are very busy. very annoying. Been with them for well over 10 years and the past few months have been horrible

  32. #310
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudleysdad View Post
    Just wanna pull a little out.
    i see

  33. #311
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    do you not want to deposit the checks?

  34. #312
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkk66 View Post
    i chat with them on live help every day asking them to send the verification email and they say it will be soon and they are very busy. very annoying. Been with them for well over 10 years and the past few months have been horrible
    The issue I had originally was that the verification email was going to my spam folder.

    5dimes is top notch..... I haven't had issues really... they do their due diligence in terms of knowing how not to set off any red flags

    its a very tough environment.... ridiculously and unnecessarily tough

  35. #313
    2017 March SMODOD of the Month dudleysdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    do you not want to deposit the checks?
    I guess but what's it take to clear? 2 weeks?

  36. #314
    CTG Super Moderator scarf31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    50 Feet from ESPN
    Posts
    3,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjohnson109 View Post
    I'd watch the market closely as I read that Bitcoin (before the EU deal yesterday) had been devalued by 25% over the last week and honestly don't know how that affects this whole deal.
    Bitcoin devaluation has zero effect on the w/d process UNLESS you are leaving the funds in your wallets for long periods of time. If you are getting the money in there and then out of there as quickly as possible, it should have hardly any effect. However, if you leave the funds in there for 4 days, BTC devalues significantly, then you'd be taking a hit.

  37. #315
    Gobble Gobble KJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Phx
    Posts
    72,622

    Default

    Thanks, I assumed that but making a trial run with currency doing what it's doing has to be taken into account. If you're a seasoned vet I'm sure you wouldn't have any issues but for the first time, I'd expect a hiccup or two.

  38. #316
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudleysdad View Post
    I guess but what's it take to clear? 2 weeks?
    every bank is different.... PNC took 6 weeks for me the one time i withdrew by check.... never doing that again

    I heard that Chase gives no issues....

  39. #317
    Season Ticket Holder lkk66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    The issue I had originally was that the verification email was going to my spam folder.

    5dimes is top notch..... I haven't had issues really... they do their due diligence in terms of knowing how not to set off any red flags

    its a very tough environment.... ridiculously and unnecessarily tough
    how many days does it take you to get your verification email from the request date?

  40. #318
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lkk66 View Post
    how many days does it take you to get your verification email from the request date?
    It doesn't take days. It takes hours.

    how do you deposit?

  41. #319
    2017 March SMODOD of the Month dudleysdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,699

    Default

    PM me if u are looking to deposit

  42. #320
    Seasoned Veteran nbafan88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    30,970

    Default

    if anyone is looking to deposit on 5D... PM me or message me on twitter (nbafan88_).. offering a bonus as well
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •