Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHL Series Prices & Cup Futures

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium GWarner27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hugh613 View Post
    On a side note, I'm trying to think of another team in any other sport that consistently underachieves like the Caps. Most teams that blaze through the regular season at least get to the finals every once in a while. Off the top of my head, I'm not even sure they've ever even made it to the ECF during the Ovechkin era.
    i'd say Gonzaga until this year when they drew 16-8-4-11-7, but college and the league they play in probably kill that comparison

...been a great playoffs so far, but i think BOS is done

I thought they were done before the series started. I couldn't believe that series price.
    Tell you what, give me half what you were going to bet, I'll take you out back & kick you in the nuts & we'll call it a night.

Huge comeback win for Oil restores their confidence level.

Almost have to take a shot with Tor. Having a lot of fun watching and cheering for them anyways.

I'm confused, why are we already confirmed playing the Rangers in the 2nd round? Assuming Washington wins out, the bottom two seeds (even if you reseed by points) play one another, and the marquee matchup goes in the 2nd round?

Whoever came up with this new playoff seeding needs to be fired...

NHL gave up on reseeding a few years ago, trying to promote division rivalries.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    NHL gave up on reseeding a few years ago, trying to promote division rivalries.
    Don't get me wrong, this actually benefits us greatly as I just assumed we'd get killed by the Penguins. Still, makes no sense that in both conferences, the two higher seeds are going to end up meeting each other in the 2nd round. Kind of renders regular season positioning a bit pointless...

Guess it shows I haven't been following much as of late...

CTG Super Moderator guaranteeed's Avatar

I like it

It worked out weird this year with the Atlantic being stacked

But I want more teams that have a great rivalry

Those real ones don't come until you play a team a few times in the playoffs

I don't think the NHL has had a great one since Canucks/Hawks from 2008-2013

Seems kinda fucked up to me. The only sport where 1 & 2 meet in the second round. Not sure how Washington/Pittsburgh is any more of a "rivalry" than Wash/NYR would be, all three teams are in the Metro.

I do like the NYR/Ott matchup in terms of some unders though. I envision a few 2-1 games here.
    Tell you what, give me half what you were going to bet, I'll take you out back & kick you in the nuts & we'll call it a night.

Thread Information