Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2017 Early Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Scrute View Post
    Very odd esp considering their horrible season. I guess Mark thinks it was the medias fault

Nothing to do with 3-9...

Just with the Sex Assault case plus numerous other incidents this winter. Then some other suspensions not talked about and AFTER the spring game another sex assault case came up this past week.

He wouldn't talk for a few months.

Buechele looks pretty good in the Texas Spring game

I hope Harris does well at UNC. He has skills....no leadership and no brains though.
    good kid though, and I wish him the best and maybe he can play in the NFL as a something or other.
    I be the first to set off shit, last to run

Quote Originally Posted by M.O.T View Post
    Buechele looks pretty good in the Texas Spring game
    What's the offense look like

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie13 View Post
    What's the offense look like
    Looked really good. Buechele looked very comfortable running it. There were lot of guys running open against the 2's/3s in secondary but he hit them and they have a ton of huge WR. I think a minimum of 6 contributors next year that will be at least 6'3. Collin Johnson staked his flag in the ground as a player to watch in big 12 and nationally, 6'6 WR that is nimble and has great hands. One of more impressive WR I've watch this fall out of 20 or so games so far. Defense could be one of the most improved units in all of CFB. Only had 1 scholly RB healthy, True Frosh Toneil Carter and he looked really good - I never thought highly of him as a recruit. Top 20 team this year - natty contender in 18 and 19.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonK View Post
    Looked really good. Buechele looked very comfortable running it. There were lot of guys running open against the 2's/3s in secondary but he hit them and they have a ton of huge WR. I think a minimum of 6 contributors next year that will be at least 6'3. Collin Johnson staked his flag in the ground as a player to watch in big 12 and nationally, 6'6 WR that is nimble and has great hands. One of more impressive WR I've watch this fall out of 20 or so games so far. Defense could be one of the most improved units in all of CFB. Only had 1 scholly RB healthy, True Frosh Toneil Carter and he looked really good - I never thought highly of him as a recruit. Top 20 team this year - natty contender in 18 and 19.
    LOL

well, yea

huh?

B12?

Suggestions for User Tag Please Scrute's Avatar

The more I look at it the more I see some value on UGA at 40-1. IMO they have the most talent in the East, they don't have a terrible draw from the West and their two most important contributors (HC and QB) are now in year 2 of the program. They need to win in Knoxville and in Jacksonville. If they do that and split on the road against ND and Auburn then they're very likely playing in the SEC title game with 1-loss.

My issues is that I don't trust their offensive staff to maximize their offensive talent. I live about an hour away from Athens, surrounded by UGA folks, and I've heard that Frohm has had an impact on teaching Eason to watch film. That tells me two things: Eason isn't the most focused person in the world and their offensive staff isn't exactly elite. Again that's all rumor but it's from UGA fans so not sure why they would make that up. I certainly don't think UGA wins the title but I could definitely see them playing for a spot in the playoff come championship weekend

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie13 View Post
    huh?

B12?
    Only serious contender is oklahoma. Beat them and the rest of the B12 schedule should be a formality. USC might have something to say when they meet in 2018, but LSU should be a walkover for them in 2019
    "My major hobby is teasing people who take themselves & the quality of their knowledge too seriously & those who doníthave the courage to sometimes say:I donít know...." - Nassim Taleb

Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinkie13 For This Useful Post:

Alan Tongue (04-18-2017)

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...-rankings-2017

I respect anyone's work who attempts to undertake as extensive a list as this - I've learned in doing my own positional rankings it's hard as hell if you really spend time thinking about and working on it. That being said - there are some guys ranked towards the bottom that I think are way off:

118. Keon Howard, Southern Miss
    116. Gardner Minshew, East Carolina
    115. David Cornwell, Nevada
    99. De’Andre Johnson, FAU
    97. Dallas Davis, South Alabama
    96. Conner Manning, Georgia State
    76. Drew Barker, Kentucky
    68. Andrew Ford, UMass

Those are all guys that I think can be top half of the table QB this season. Manning, Barker and Ford are all NFL potential players - esp my boy Ford.

Like to see the love for 3 of my dudes in a row:

24. Jake Bentley, South Carolina
    23. Shea Patterson, Ole Miss
    22. Justin Herbert, Oregon

I know you'll agree with me on this, duds - Jalen Hurts ahead of Austin Allen is criminal
    Dook's graduated QB transferred to ECU for his fun year of QB'ing so he'll be starting over Minshew. Wasn't the case when you posted this, though.

Thread Information