Bet at 5dimes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***NFC Divisional Playoff Discussion***

Default ***NFC Divisional Playoff Discussion***

In fairness to that other conference....

As of now

Atlanta -4.5/51

Dallas -4/51.5

I am on Atlanta and Green Bay

Not the worst wager if your book does it.

Seattle +11.5 to Atlanta +2.5

Should be a very close game imo.
    Gabe

Both lines seem to beg for dog money. The Dallas line perhaps less so, but Seattle getting more that 4 is a dare for the betting public to take the Hawks. That being said, I cant justify backing Ryan and his 1-5 lifetime playoff record. It would be Hawks or nothing for me but like the GB line yesterday, this line begs for dog action.

In the other one, can GB stop Zeke? They have weathered a lot of injuries this year and while they are healthier.... I just dont see them being able to stuff the run. I will be on Dallas in this one.

On GB at +4 and I knew it would be a 70% type public game, don't care although the Dallas OL will be the dominating unit, just think the rest will fall into place as the team I expect to win the SB is getting 4 points. Simple.

Other game got over 49.5 when I first saw it and think 59.5 might be low...Seattle team total will be my largest wager of the weekend but won't have it til Saturday, so just putting it out there. Thoughts in the other thread.

Without Earl Thomas that pass defense has been awful, he sets their entire ability to scheme. I think the over in ATL is a solid play, Atlanta can hit this defense with a lot of big plays and Russell Wilson against this subpar defense, now with his legs under him and weapons healthy. Just think it's a 35 wins matchup, at least early in the week with nothing locked in.

Think Dallas handles Green Bay, healthier in the secondary and Jordy absence is huge (he's either out or playing limited limp snaps on a bum rib.).

I agree with Jordy being an issue but think that's the only reason we are getting 4 points, and no way will I ever let a WR dissuade me from a favorable line. Plenty are capable against what I still consider a less than sufficient defense against a high octane offense.

It's already 68% on Green Bay fwiw, and I'm happy to include myself in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Not the worst wager if your book does it.

Seattle +11.5 to Atlanta +2.5

Should be a very close game imo.
    I used to play four-team 13 pointers on single games. That would've gone 3/4 this weekend but Bovada doesn't allow them. Just as well cause I was going to try it on the GB game, the one game that fucked my existing tease.

I just don't think the Atl line is a great one for teasing. I hate crossing zero & still getting 3 or less.
    Tell you what, give me half what you were going to bet, I'll take you out back & kick you in the nuts & we'll call it a night.

Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons January 14, 2017 4:35 p.m. Fox

Circadian rhythms FTW...seriously, this scenario where a WEST coast team plays an early game on the EAST coast provides the largest disadvantages for the away team - although this is minimized since the game is at 430pm and not 1pm.

KJ - I wont argue with you if in your mind GB is super bowl bound. I just think aside from QB its tough to point to another aspect of this matchup where GB has an advantage. Dallas for me will be a large bet.

Raems - agree that over may be the play in Atl and Thomas is a big loss, though they kept Det in check on Sat. A whole different animal doing that in Atlanta vs JJ.

The Circadian thing is nil here because the 4pm EST is the time west coast teams normally play right?

Anyone know when the Hawks will be flying to Atl?

You hear this story on the giants? They apparently took out their frustrations on the jumbo jet on the way home and caused the next flight to be delayed for 3 hours bc they needed to repair and clean the plane
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    You hear this story on the giants? They apparently took out their frustrations on the jumbo jet on the way home and caused the next flight to be delayed for 3 hours bc they needed to repair and clean the plane
    No class on this team whatsoever, maybe Eli but I ain't about to praise a Giants QB.

Odell is a weak-ass emotional wreck with zero leadership qualities.

Basically 'today's player' which shows where the league is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by emkee View Post
    No class on this team whatsoever, maybe Eli but I ain't about to praise a Giants QB.

Odell is a weak-ass emotional wreck with zero leadership qualities.

Basically 'today's player' which shows where the league is heading.

The franchise has done a complete 180 in the past year in terms of all this shit..... this would never happen under coughlin

That's awesome!
    Tell you what, give me half what you were going to bet, I'll take you out back & kick you in the nuts & we'll call it a night.

that boat vid is hilarious

So Jordy has at least two broken ribs...but they are saying if he can practice Saturday he may play. I think thats ridiculous. No way he has any impact on the game even if he can go. I had a small crack in one rib once, one of the most painful and limiting injuries Ive ever had...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tito For This Useful Post:

bones (01-10-2017)

Per PFF...

Green Bay’s offensive line ranked No. 1 in pass-blocking efficiency during the regular season, while Dallas ranked just 25th in PFF’s team pass-rushing grades.

Damn if Jordy was healthy I would be hitting that Packer ML hard...still may take the points though, just not a huge play.

P.M. me for my address twinkie13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capaholic View Post
    In fairness to that other conference....

As of now

Atlanta -4.5/51

Dallas -4/51.5

I am on Atlanta and Green Bay
    me
    too

on ATL BIG
    I be the first to set off shit, last to run

P.M. me for my address twinkie13's Avatar

made
    my day
    I be the first to set off shit, last to run

all good here all the time...well, most of time bones's Avatar

I bet ATL yesterday @ -4.5 -110. Close to maximum bet for me. I've historically not done well in playoffs (so there is that)

Loved the line & I figure that public would be on Seattle, have not looked and do not care.
    off the grid

The Cowboys actually have a decent pass rush with Irving and Lawerence. The secondary will have Claiborne back as well. Cowboys o-line is going to wear down the Packers. Plus, let's not forget how banged up the Packers secondary is. The Giants didn't have the capacity to take advantage of that.

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium GWarner27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    Per PFF...

Green Bay’s offensive line ranked No. 1 in pass-blocking efficiency during the regular season, while Dallas ranked just 25th in PFF’s team pass-rushing grades.

Damn if Jordy was healthy I would be hitting that Packer ML hard...still may take the points though, just not a huge play.
    seems like DAL added some pass-rushers as the season went on and will use them far more so i'm not sure those stats are as accurate as they should be

nobody thinks SEA shows up and plays an incredible game? or let me phrase it another way, nobody thinks ATL is gonna lay an egg?

i'd consider both those things more likely than ATL playing really well so i like the points

Quote Originally Posted by GWarner27 View Post
    nobody thinks SEA shows up and plays an incredible game? or let me phrase it another way, nobody thinks ATL is gonna lay an egg?

i'd consider both those things more likely than ATL playing really well so i like the points
    ATL beat them at home the last time they faced each other in the playoffs, when Seattle was a better (much?) team. Not saying it would shock me if SEA shows up and plays an incredible game, but ATL is more than capable of beating this version of the Seahawks.

also like the Pack, a lot cuz i don't think DAL is great anywhere besides OL and RB.

Dak could have a bad day and i wonder how easy it would be for DAL to get back in a game that GB takes a decent lead in considering how Linehan abandoned the run so often this year.

But i do wonder how a missing or limited Nelson affects what GB can do. We already know they really struggle to run, but Adams-Cobb-Allison-Cook aren't exactly a frightening receiving corps no matter how well Rodgers plays

Kind of fearful of the cowboys getting down 2 touchdowns and Romo coming in to lead them to a win. It's not out of the question. I can't see Dak staying out there if they get down big

the storybook is there for the packers....

Ok maybe the stats on Dallas pass rush are not accurate, but it is still not that formidable. And the combination of a solid o-line and w the way Rodgers moves around the pocket, going to be trouble for the Boys.

And I don't know what you have seen from Seattle that would make you feel confident that they figure it all out this weekend. That O will be very hard pressed to keep up w the Falcons

When do they usually announce when the roof will be opened or closed for the Dallas game?

It's supposed to rain Saturday (70%) and Sunday (90%) in north Texas. Guessing they just close it all weekend.

The Packers definitely seem like they are in form I am just concerned the injuries on both sides of the ball and the lack of receivers will catch up to them. Rodgers has been playing lights out, and will probably have to again for them to keep going like this.
    Bloodhound Strong - The Chalk Master

Quote Originally Posted by scdoggy View Post

Anyone know when the Hawks will be flying to Atl?

Departing team HQ at 3:15 local time tomorrow (so, 4 pm departure from airport) -- should arrive in Atlanta between 8 and 8:30 pm tomorrow night.
    bringing little to the table and making worse picks.....

Quote Originally Posted by nbafan88 View Post
    Kind of fearful of the cowboys getting down 2 touchdowns and Romo coming in to lead them to a win. It's not out of the question. I can't see Dak staying out there if they get down big

the storybook is there for the packers....
    Romo could definitely do it, but i'm not sure they go to him unless Dak is hurt because they've basically hitched their wagon to him for the future. I guess that would up Romo's trade value as it may show they don't want to get rid of him, but coming in and leading a comeback may do the same. I feel like it will take a lot to see Romo in the game if not due to injury

Quote Originally Posted by Tito View Post
    Ok maybe the stats on Dallas pass rush are not accurate, but it is still not that formidable. And the combination of a solid o-line and w the way Rodgers moves around the pocket, going to be trouble for the Boys.

And I don't know what you have seen from Seattle that would make you feel confident that they figure it all out this weekend. That O will be very hard pressed to keep up w the Falcons
    you are 100% correct here, they've done plenty this year for us to doubt them but i can't help but see incredible value for how dominant that franchise has been over the past five years. Earl was my classmate so I'm pretty in tune to his absence, but they can still stop the run unlike almost anyone and if Bennett is healthy he can disrupt Ryan, who has shown he is also capable of disrupting himself.

Just seems like one of my favorite angles in sports where you have one team trying to take down the team in a higher class, and they have to win handily to do so

Watched Mayweather on First Take talking the NFC game this weekend, don't tell me this dude makes his own bets.

Probably subscribes to a service, dude a whale. Books would love him.

GB on the road is concerning. Only played 2 roadies since beginning of Dec and neither one was impressive. Gave up 27 to da Bears winning by a fg and beat Det by 7. I see GB getting pushed around by Dallas Oline and the Boys winning this game rather convincingly.

To state the obvious, if you're going to try and keep it out of Rodgers hands..........you runna da ball.
    The things I don't want them to know
    The sex, the drugs, and rock n' roll
    And the day they call another house their home
    I'm hopin' they find everything that they need
    How sad my life without my wife would be
    Now that scares me

Quote Originally Posted by scdoggy View Post
    GB on the road is concerning. Only played 2 roadies since beginning of Dec and neither one was impressive. Gave up 27 to da Bears winning by a fg and beat Det by 7. I see GB getting pushed around by Dallas Oline and the Boys winning this game rather convincingly.
    The spread should be -7 at the very least in this game.

The spread should be -7 at the very least in this game.
    no fucking way

Thread Information