Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fat Club 2017...

Quote Originally Posted by D-Woww View Post
    you gotta do better than that man. I know they have that whole marketing campaign of how its not bad for you, but aside from being shit quality (you can get a better sandwich anywhere), its really not healthy (unless you are eating 6in veggie subs only)...why do you do subway? do you enjoy it? if so, I question your taste but to each his own. Is it convenient? Do you have any better options near where you are?

I like subway, I didn't judge you with taco bell. I guess I should of mentioned sandwich places instead because I don't like to go to Subway all the time. I get some great deals there.. $3.50 6in, $5 footlongs...
    Administrator... "You're on your final days at CTG" (tick tock tick tock)

Quote Originally Posted by Lareux View Post
    This isn't a good idea. You need to see your progress, it will motivate you to keep going...or you'll realize what isn't working if you aren't losing weight. What is the reasoning for not weighing yourself?
    Because weight can fluctuate. One day I can be a certain weight and the next 5 pounds more.

agree with lareux, if you don't weigh urself now, then you wont know your progress. although I would prefer you take a pic now and then take a pic later and compare the pics rather than go by the scale. but the concept is right, im guessing the reason you don't want to weigh urself now is bc u don't want to see the number at the moment, but that is crucial in givng you a starting point to try to make progress.

if you don't weigh or take a picture now, how are you gonna know how well your doing?

I did go on scale, but won't go back til about 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jk16 View Post
    I got frustrated during Fat Club a few years ago with my weight not going down but my pants were noticeably looser. I stopped weighing myself for about 3 weeks maybe but kept exercising. Next time I weighed in I had lost weight. Can't remember the exact number but it definitely motivated me and I started weighing myself every day I worked out. 5 times a week back then. The lbs. started melting off at that point and it was rewarding to check the scale. The initial weigh in after working hard for a month almost derailed me. Keep working hard and it'll work.

Also, I'm not a big eater so that wasn't an issue for me. Cutting out pop and skor bars plus the large intake of water daily was a huge help. Cut off fast food as well. Now I don't even think about fast food. Don't miss it at all. I have discovered Mexican coke so I'm back on that train but a couple a month doesn't hurt too bad.

Keep up the good work Fat Club!

Yes no more fast food for me at all. In fact I am swearing it off for good other than a couple of times a year.

Love me a chicken taco at Del Taco here in L.A... Can't ever swear that thing off. I am a very big eater, can eat a ton.. Wish I didn't have that problem, lol..

Brady licks Marino's knob horses's Avatar

I'm not a subway fan either, but I agree with Gabe...you can't go to taco bell and criticize others' choices in eating establishments, including subway. There aren't many worse things to put in your body than taco bell...most processed 'food' imaginable...it's barely even food.

Quote Originally Posted by horses View Post
    I'm not a subway fan either, but I agree with Gabe...you can't go to taco bell and criticize others' choices in eating establishments, including subway. There aren't many worse things to put in your body than taco bell...most processed 'food' imaginable...it's barely even food.
    Except for the part where when I ate fast food, it was my cheat meal for the entire week. Aside from that meal I am tracking my nutrients to a T. That is significantly different than asking about eating at a place consistently. If you are earing there for your cheat meals, there is no advice to give other than eat whatever on the menu you want... that is how a cheat meal works. One meal a week literally feast on whatever the hell you want: hoagie, pizza, taco, whatever

But it was pretty clear he was asking about eating there in general

Gabe,

I will repeat it again: some of the most jacked insanely fit dudes i know who make me look like a tub of shit in comparison, are enormous eaters. It's not how much you eat as much as it is what you eat. If you are starving, by all means cook up a full poind of lean ground turkey, add some hot sauce or taco seasoning, and enjoy. Or as much grilled chicken as u want... or an omlette with 3 whole eggs & 3 egg whites.... you can eat a ton and lose weight, The fact that you are a big eater does not have to be a hindrance

What kind of exercise are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I like subway, I didn't judge you with taco bell. I guess I should of mentioned sandwich places instead because I don't like to go to Subway all the time. I get some great deals there.. $3.50 6in, $5 footlongs...
    The difference is that people go to Taco Bell knowing it's not great (even good) for them. People go to Subway thinking it's what they should be eating and that it's a "healthy" alternative. You didn't say you went to Subway for a cheat meal, you implied that going there was, again, eating "healthy." It's not.

Because weight can fluctuate. One day I can be a certain weight and the next 5 pounds more.
    If you weigh yourself at the same time, it won't fluctuate as much as you're suggesting. Also, how do you measure if what you're doing works? There isn't a weight loss "guru" worth anything who would tell you to avoid a scale. It's the only way to measure your progress. There is no reason not to weigh yourself, and every reason TO do it daily (or every other day, whatever).

The difference is that people go to Taco Bell knowing it's not great (even good) for them. People go to Subway thinking it's what they should be eating and that it's a "healthy" alternative. You didn't say you went to Subway for a cheat meal, you implied that going there was, again, eating "healthy." It's not.
    exactly, I was answering as if he was referring to the subway ads that have implied that the food is not bad for you. great marketing campaign for them, but its a complete sham unless you are eating 6 inch veggie subs and the rest of your diet is pretty great.

same goes with salads. the word "salad" has become synonymous with "healthy" for some people. in my old office, there was a cafeteria, it it was amazing how many grown ups thought that their salad doused in thousand island dressing was "healthy"

but like I said gabe, if you happen to like subways shit sandwiches the same way I like taco bells shit menu, and you want to use a cheat meal there, then enjoy. just don't think you are eating healthy if you do lunch there on the regular

todays eating advice (not going to list everything I eat every day bc that's obnoxious)

these make a great snack. yes they are high sodium, but the thing about sodium people don't know is that it's big problem is that it makes you retain water weight, so if you are drinking the gallon per day you should, you will flush that out. i do not care about sodium one bit. aside from that, the macronutrients in these are fantastic

http://starkist.com/products/tuna-creations-ranch (all flavors are fine, this is my favorite)

also, for a late day protein snack, ill eat a few of these:

http://alfrescoallnatural.com/produc...hicken-sausage

again, many flavors, go with what you like but they do vary in calories and carb count, i mostly only go with the ones that have 2g carb or less per link, so that rules out apple sausage. jalepeno is great as is buffalo

If you weigh yourself at the same time, it won't fluctuate as much as you're suggesting. Also, how do you measure if what you're doing works? There isn't a weight loss "guru" worth anything who would tell you to avoid a scale. It's the only way to measure your progress. There is no reason not to weigh yourself, and every reason TO do it daily (or every other day, whatever).
    the guy who i have learned the most from isn't opposed to checking the scale now and then, but is 100x more concerned with taking pictures (same time of day in the same clothes) and going by pants size. for example, one dude in the group i was in went from like 243 to 239 in 6 months, but looks like a completely different person.

your bottom line is correct though, you absolutely have to track progress. i don't recommend ignoring the scale, but pics are the best for judging progress imo

So a 6 inch black forest ham with a mustard vinegar and a ton of veggies isn't good for you?

I count 340 calories. What am I missing here.

BTW I went on the scale.

Down 2.5 pounds from when I weighed myself last week.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabe For This Useful Post:

jk16 (01-11-2017)

So a 6 inch black forest ham with a mustard vinegar and a ton of veggies isn't good for you?

I count 340 calories. What am I missing here.
    alright, so lets assume you are using a 9 grain wheat roll, standard veggies, American cheese, and the vinegarette with no bacon or avocado or extras. then you are looking at this:

the standard 6" sub recipe.SERVING SIZE (g)

CALORIES

Calories from fat

TOTAL FAT (g)

Saturated Fat (g)

Trans Fat* (g)

CHOLESTEROL (mg)

SODIUM (mg)

CARBOHYDRATES (g)

Dietary Fiber (g)

Sugars (g)

PROTEIN (g)

VITAMIN A % DV

VITAMIN C % DV

CALCIUM % DV

IRON % DV

so...calories are good, BUT you are a big eater so a 6 inch sub is going to keep you full for what, 45 mins? I sure as hell could never just eat a 6 inch sub.

48 carbs for a lunch is pretty high, but I am extremely carb sensitive. Some people are able to eat more carbs...even when i work out every day i can not go big on carbs or i get a gut. also, when i do get carbs i try to get them coming from better places than a roll. I try to get my carbs from apples, bananas, veggies, etc, and then maybe a side of brown rice wont kill me on high carb day.

i talked about sodum, i don't care about it, it is very high, but are you drinking your gallon of water? if you are flushing it out, then great

the bottom line for me, is that this is a 6 inch sub. this can not possibly fill you for long. what really matters is your end if the day numbers. If you eat rock solid breakfast, snacks and dinner, you can probably get away with this 6 inch sub as a lunch.

If you have any desire to try this, i love this guide. this is what i use and really changed my life...its a great place to start

so bottom line: A. great job on the 2.5 lbs B. if you love that 6 incher so much (haha i know) then you can probably fit it into your diet C. it wont be filling though, and are you getting chips, cookie, soda, anything else with it? and D. one meals nutrients doesn't matter, your daily intake matters

if i know that im getting a sandwich for dinner, i put it in the app and adjust the rest of the day so the final carb number isn't crazy high. if you do stuff like that, you should be fine. check out that link and see if you are at all interested. otherwise, good work with the 2.5. are you exercising or just eating better?

my girlfriend clowns me every time I go to Subway. Guess I should just stop going there.

There are a lot of solid sandwich places I can go to.

Let's say I go to a regular sandwich shop... A good one.

What are the safe choices? They have hot and cold sandwiches, lots of options.

todays eating advice (not going to list everything I eat every day bc that's obnoxious)

these make a great snack. yes they are high sodium, but the thing about sodium people don't know is that it's big problem is that it makes you retain water weight, so if you are drinking the gallon per day you should, you will flush that out. i do not care about sodium one bit. aside from that, the macronutrients in these are fantastic

http://starkist.com/products/tuna-creations-ranch (all flavors are fine, this is my favorite)

also, for a late day protein snack, ill eat a few of these:

http://alfrescoallnatural.com/produc...hicken-sausage

again, many flavors, go with what you like but they do vary in calories and carb count, i mostly only go with the ones that have 2g carb or less per link, so that rules out apple sausage. jalepeno is great as is buffalo
    Using water to flush out the sodium is a good short term fix, but it's not necessarily going to help long term as far as your sodium levels affecting blood pressure and it may cause your body to hold onto more water.

You can also increase your potassium intake, which will cause your body to release sodium. The two minerals regulate each other in your system.

Using water to flush out the sodium is a good short term fix, but it's not necessarily going to help long term as far as your sodium levels affecting blood pressure and it may cause your body to hold onto more water.

You can also increase your potassium intake, which will cause your body to release sodium. The two minerals regulate each other in your system.
    what
    do you like here? I guess banana is best, but what you prefer?
    I be the first to set off shit, last to run

I've yo yo'd my whole life. It's about the sugar. I've been doing the 16/8 and I like it as well. I think it's good for the body's overall health from I've read, esp as I age. But best way to lose weight is to dump the sugar. It hides in your bread and cappucino and things like that. And it's so damn addictive and useless. Just do the research and it's pretty easy. It's poison for me.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkie13 View Post
    what
    do you like here? I guess banana is best, but what you prefer?
    avocado, sweet potato, spinach would be your best options.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpOnBoard View Post
    I've yo yo'd my whole life. It's about the sugar. I've been doing the 16/8 and I like it as well. I think it's good for the body's overall health from I've read, esp as I age. But best way to lose weight is to dump the sugar. It hides in your bread and cappucino and things like that. And it's so damn addictive and useless. Just do the research and it's pretty easy. It's poison for me.
    avoiding the obv sugar has been step 1 for me - pop and dessert have been eliminated except for the occasional cheat. Think I've had 1 pop and 1 dessert in the last 24 days. I still crave both quite a bit but I decided I'd rather not be a fatty.
    The word 'racism' is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything - and demanding evidence makes you a racist. -Thomas Sowell

CTG Super Moderator guaranteeed's Avatar

subway can be healthy, completely depends on what you order

also pictures can deceive as well, people take from different spot, angle etc.. They are good for use with scale because of fluctuations in muscle etc. if you have a fitness plan

if you want to track perfect progress you need to measure inches

also agree with jump on sugar, once your body gets all the sugar out of it's system it feels a hell of a lot better and also hunger goes away

not cutting right now but when I do it's the best thing for you

IF of usually 18/6 + no sugar

or if I want to cut a bit faster it just straight keto

which is to really limit carbs, depends on person some people can stay in ketosis under 50 carbs a day, some have to keep it at 20 or lower

the thing with IF too is

the first few days are really hard, but once you 'breakthrough' so to speak, controlling hunger becomes a lot easier

there's also medical benefits with it too in some studies ive seen, its the first thing id recommend to someone

plus like Dwoww a benefit of it is some people still like to have a big meal at dinner and it allows that

that's pretty gross. give it a go and report back, dwowww.
    The word 'racism' is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything - and demanding evidence makes you a racist. -Thomas Sowell

will do, no way im not trying it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to D-Woww For This Useful Post:

cubsker (01-12-2017)

Not really a yogurt guy but dannon light fit yogurt is good stuff.

great call. 80 calories and delicious. idk if you are talking regular or greek. greek is my favorite and slightly better for you, but both are real solid snack options.

My favorite snack that I have nightly:

Mix in a bowl:
    1 container of vanilla dannon light n fit greek yogurt
    1 scoop of chocholate protein
    little bit of water for consistency

mix it all up and put in freezer for 1 hr if you want it to be like eating ice cream or fridge for 1 hr if you want it to taste like pudding. either way, delicious and amazingly healthy. give it a shot.
    your diet

7g of sugar for 80 calories though. That's 28 calories of sugar or nearly 35%. Find fuller fat yogurt with no added sugar.

JOB is the 18/6 thing the schedule for eating?

I eat very well.....my problem is the booze. That's the killer.

This is a good introduction article if you have a few minutes:

I am going to read jumps article too, but yes booze counts in the 16/8 rule. Anything but water and black coffee counts because it "wakes up" your metabolism. How often do you booze? Saturday nights are basically the one time I just say screw it and go outside the feed window because im not going to stop my boozing by 9pm if im heading out.

read it. real good article, sums it up nicely.

the ONLY thing I want to add is that I kind of feel like the article makes it seem like you are cutting calories by doing this. the way I do it, I do not, I eat basically exactly the same food as I would if I were to spread it out throughout the day, only within the window. depends on your goals I guess, if you are hitting the gym every day though, you need a little more than what that "sample lunch and dinner" said. remember, food is your friend as long as you are eating the right foods. I wouldn't limit to eating twice a day. I start at 1, and generally eat at 1 (main breakfast) 3:30 (main lunch) 4:30 (snack) 5(pre workout shake) 7 (post workout shake) 8(dinner) and 845 (dessert, usually the yogurt snack I made above)

both methods of doing it probably work and overall the core concepts are the same.

Gabe, I feel like this is something that could help you a ton.

i would murder someone if I waited until 1 to eat. Hell, change 1 to 10 AM, and still, I'm going to jail.

Bringing twat back in 2017 tipyerbartender's Avatar

One great way not to sweat this is to not weigh yourself and only look in the mirror when you're shaving. Have to get on a scale every year or two when I see the doc. Always seem to add a few pounds of muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsker View Post
    i would murder someone if I waited until 1 to eat. Hell, change 1 to 10 AM, and still, I'm going to jail.
    would you be the same way later in the day? you can use any 16/8 split you want. If you are a morning eater you could do like 8am-2pm and then be done. or are you saying you just need to eat at all parts of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by tipyerbartender View Post
    One great way not to sweat this is to not weigh yourself and only look in the mirror when you're shaving. Have to get on a scale every year or two when I see the doc. Always seem to add a few pounds of muscle.
    not even being the slightest bit sarcastic, I envy you. I wish I just didn't care. like not that i would want to eat until I was obese, but I wish I had the attitude of like "im 30, im married, what the hell do I need to do all of this for? im just gonna eat what I want within reason and go for a walk a few times a week"

would you be the same way later in the day? you can use any 16/8 split you want. If you are a morning eater you could do like 8am-2pm and then be done. or are you saying you just need to eat at all parts of the day?
    I guess I'm pretty much done eating now at 6:30, so I have a 13.5/10.5 going right now.

Thread Information