• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

0 Days till the first full Saturday of the season....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
We need to do this thread up in honor of Smails.... (example thread)

Obviously the season starts in 124 days...

And the Thursday Openers are in 129 days...

But we will use the first full Saturday as our benchmark.

Please add any fun historical things, or special stuff for the season coming up.

Lets start with some great plays from last year to wet the ole appetite...

A little 'Game of the Century' from the 100th year of college football... I think Smails would have liked this...

61 days until 8/25

Not everyone uses hard copy publications anymore, but it is always a big moment for me when the Phil Steele book hits stores.

IdxAZlDl.jpg

Just got my Phil Steele mag in the mail today.

That's always the unofficial start of college football season to me.

The signal for me to get organized and start handicapping. Won't be long now.

Not twink but I’m actually optimistic about the talent. One of Brennan or Narcisse should emerge as a solid option down the road, but they would have been rushed this year. Burrow fills the void in that regard and he should fit what we’re allegedly trying to do.

The issue is hiring a guy who hasn’t been a full time coordinator or installed an offense in 20 years to install and coordinate a style of offense he’s never coached.

what he said

The defense should be really good and I HAVE to believe Burrow can do better than anything we have done since Mett......even if he has barely played. He will be better than anything we have trottted out there.

The WRs are unproven but could be really nasty

RB scares me a bit as this the 1st time we havent had one of the best in the nation but I like Curry and CEH to make some shakes......plus we should be mildly more interesting on offense....if the O loine can be the shock they were, even better this could be fun

schedule is a beast but I am excited

App State stunned #5 Michigan at home 34-32 in one of the greatest upsets in CFB history / there is now 34 days till kickoff of the 2018 season!

i remember that game very well, opening saturday 2007 and it was a harbinger of things to come as faves got crushed ATS that year

I was at PB Bar and Grill half sauced before noon, a pretty big UM bar at that, think that was the first day I ever placed a wager on a smart phone

What is the point of a magazine when you can't bet on FCS games and most are not on TV? Talk about throwing money down the shitter... the guy would be better of betting his own picks.
The guy's ego is ridiculous

And he's struggling with the fact he's becoming worthless

i'll never forget where I was when that happened

After feeling the pain of UVA losing to 16 seed I no longer make fun of Mich fans for it. Not because „we‘re equal now“ but bc one doesn‘t wish that pain to one‘s worst enemy

After feeling the pain of UVA losing to 16 seed I no longer make fun of Mich fans for it. Not because „we‘re equal now“ but bc one doesn‘t wish that pain to one‘s worst enemy

It was the time and place and stigma of Appy State.

That line was 24.5 at open. The USC-Stanford game later that year was lined 41 I believe? Much bigger upset but the sigma of Appy St who was one helluva team.

I do remember where I was. I didn't see the game at all, well bits n pieces...but that was first year of BTN and they were still working out agreements with cable operators etc.

The more deflating game that year was versus Oregon in obviously the biggest letdown spot possible.

Injuries yada yada and that team that was #2 to start the year didn't really get going again till taking it to Florida in the Bowl Game (one of the best bets I've ever made in a Bowl game).

His magazine is more of a history book than anything. Who gives a rat's ass who the players were from 2015? He burns up a lot of space on useless info.

The rest of the mag is him patting himself on the back. Yet, I still buy it. Mainly because it's easier/faster for me to flip to a team page to find out basic info like schedule, past results, etc than to look it up online

Back